Friday, September 16, 2011

Where it all began...

My husband and I got married in early October of 2010. By the end of October, we not only had moved from an apartment to a townhouse (for a little more room and so we could have a dog), but we bought a puppy. A Siberian husky puppy.

I grew up with a stray dog here and there, but none were ever allowed in the house. I was never much of a dog person, either, until my parents adopted a dog, Skunk, a year or so before I moved out. After that, I warmed up to dogs alot more, but still wasn't a fan of them being in the house. So when we started discussing buying a dog-- my husband wanted a husky from the get-go, so we knew the type of dog we'd be getting-- the debate was about where it would stay. I gave in fairly quickly about it staying indoors (warmer climate, dog with alot of hair...I'm not cruel), but I was adamant that it wouldn't get on the furniture, in the bed, or even get to go upstairs. My husband agreed to all of it. Never having had a dog in the house before, little did I know how hard it would be to keep a dog off of furniture...or how cute a puppy is when it's in your lap, or curled up next to you on the couch while you're watching some movie or TV show...

Needless to say, one by one, each of my "the dog will never ____"'s disappeared over time. I never thought I'd be the kind of dog person I am today, but I don't regret a minute of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! :P