Saturday, December 3, 2011

Got to Quench the Thirst

Jake loves to drink water. LOVES it. He pushes his water bowl around when it's empty, making as much noise as possible until someone-- usually me-- notices and fills it back up. As I fill it up, he does a little excited dance-- I'm about to get more water, I'm about to get more water! -- and can barely contain himself, even whining a bit sometimes, as I set his water bowl back down. He then might spend the next five minutes lapping up water, huffing here and there because he's drinking it so fast. Thirsty boy. Silly boy.

Once several months ago, the water bowl was empty. I heard Jake start moving the bowl around, but I was in the middle of playing a Wii game (shame on me for paying more attention to the game than his thirst needs, I know), so I told him to hold on for a second. Or two. Or three... Anyway, a few minutes later, movement catches my eye, and I turn towards the kitchen. Game momentarily forgotten, I watch as Jake carries the water bowl all the way to me. Mom, I want water NOW. Fill it up NOW.

Needless to say, I took the bowl from Jake and filled it up promptly. (I also may have been slightly worried that he'd decide to chew the plastic bowl up if I didn't go ahead and respond-- he'd been known to do that if one was left alone with him in his pen.)

He's never carried the bowl to me since then-- I guess I've learned to respond quicker. :)-

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I used to do this to my water bowl too! I absolutely LOVE water! But then my mommy bought these stands to hold the bowls, and all I can do now is stare at my mommy until she gets it. Teehee!

    By the way... you puppies are beautiful! :)

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments! :P